5771 Roosevelt Blvd
Clearwater, FL 33760
Empath Health has been a pioneer in life-changing hospice and palliative care in our community for more than 40 years through Suncoast Hospice. At this Symposium, our expert staff, as well as a panel of Suncoast and community experts, will speak to some of the most challenging aspects of caring for and communicating with patients with chronic and advanced illnesses. The Symposium presentations will be based on content from the EPEC (Education on Palliative and End-of-Life Care) Project – a curriculum developed by the American Medical Association.
- Heart Failure and Cardiac Care at the End of Life
- Oncologist in my Pocket: Pearls for Providing Palliative and Support Care for Patients with Cancer – Dr. Kristina Newport, MD, FAAHPM Director, Palliative Medicine; Associate Professor of Medicine, Penn State College of Medicine
- Bioethics at the End of Life: Withdrawal of Medical Treatments
- De-Prescribing at the End of Life
- Hot Topics Panel Discussion: Prognostication, Cannabis & Ketamine, Death Doulas & Cafes, Advances in HPM, ACP
5 CEUs–Social Workers, Nurses, CNAs and Pharmacists
Registration fee –$40
Free onsite parking, continental breakfast and lunch provided.
Limited space is available. Register today!