5771 Roosevelt Blvd
Clearwater, FL 33760
Empath Health has been a pioneer in life-changing hospice and palliative care in our community for more than 40 years through Suncoast Hospice. At this Symposium, our expert staff, as well as a panel of Suncoast and community experts, will speak to some of the most challenging aspects of caring for and communicating with patients with chronic and advanced illnesses. The Symposium presentations will be based on content from the EPEC (Education on Palliative and End-of-Life Care) Project – a curriculum developed by the American Medical Association.
Empath Health speakers include:
- Lawrence E. Kay, MD, Chief Medical Officer
- Jasmin Jerez-Marte, MD, HMDC, Suncoast Hospice Medical Director
- Cathy Emmett, PhD, APRN, ACHPN, Clinical Practice Specialist
- David Doeringer, MD, Suncoast Hospice Care Center and Home Team Physician
- Tracy L. Christner, Community Outreach Liaison, Veteran’s Community & Advance Care Planning
- Howard Tuch, MD, USF Program Director & Medical Director, Palliative Services, Tampa General Hospital
- Ahmad Shaker, MD, Oncologist, Suncoast Oncology & Hematology
- Mary Waechter, MD, Suncoast Hospice Care Center Physician
- Mary Lynn Guarino, APRN, Empath Health Palliative Care
8:00 am – 8:30 am: Registration and Breakfast
8:30 am – 9:30 am: Communicating Effectively
9:30 am – 10:30 am: Advance Care Planning
10:30 am – 10:45 am: Break
10:45 am – 11:45 am: Clarifying Diagnosis and Prognosis
11:45 pm – 12:45 pm: Negotiating Goals of Care
12:45 pm – 1:00 pm: Break and Boxed Lunch of Choice
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Expert Panel – “Pain Points for Palliative and Hospice Care”
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Open discussion with subject matter experts
Continuing Education Credits: 5 CEUs for Social Work or Nursing; 5 CMEs for Physicians.
For more information contact Jeannine Lyons at (727) 523-4124 or JeannineLyons@EmpathHealth.org.
Limited spaces available. Register today!