Empath Home Health
The palliative home health program significantly improves quality of life for home-bound patients as well as their caregivers. When you enroll in Empath Home Health, you are served by an entire team of home health care experts dedicated to your unique situation. Team members are experts in pain and symptom management, nursing care and various therapies. Trained volunteers are also available for extra support.
- Medicare & Medicaid
- Aged & Disabled Medicaid Waiver
- PAC Waiver
- Care Centrix
If your insurance provider isn’t listed, please bring it to our attention. We’re here to discuss your care needs as well as help coordinate a physician referral.
Insurance providers establish criteria for receiving Empath Home Health services. Most follow Medicare guidelines for home health services, which are listed below. We encourage you to talk to your provider about specific requirements.
- Patient must be homebound (leaving home for short periods of time requires “considerable and taxing effort”)
- Care must be deemed medically necessary
- Care must be intermittent
- Patient requires at least one skilled professional service
- Physician directs care in collaboration with Empath Home Health
- Must have a signed physician’s order
- Care and services must be administered where patient lives
- Visits from nurses and certified home health nurse aides
- Pain and symptom management
- Wound care and Infusions
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Disease-related education and management
- Visits from social workers and spiritual care coordinators
- Caregiver training on transferring patients, creating a safe environment and personal care assistance
- Trained volunteers for companionship and errands
- 24/7 support