The Center for Honor and Support for Veterans
The Auer Szabo Empath Adult Day Center (ADC) in St. Petersburg is specially designed with veteran and any adult community members’ needs top of mind. The Center supports the recreational, psychosocial and medical needs of adults of all ages and provides respite for their caregivers.
- Specialized exercise classes
- Physical and occupational therapies
- Trained staff to address veterans’ unique mental health concerns
- Nutritious hot meals and snacks tailored to the dietary needs of each participant
- Recreational activities
- Pet therapy
- Access to Empath Honors services including Veteran to Veteran and Legacy Corps volunteers, help accessing community resources, honor services and pinnings and more
- Transportation as necessary
Designed for Honor, Comfort and Community
The ADC was designed to provide a welcoming and comfortable environment for veterans and any adult needing socialization and daytime services. This includes a Victory Garden, Veterans Library and Museum and a Table of the Missing Man and Woman. The facility also includes:
- A large, open activity room equipped with tables and comfortable chairs
- Quiet room with comfortable recliners
- Covered drop-off/pick-up areas
- Medical clinic with two exam rooms
Paying for Services
Auer Szabo Empath Adult Day Center services can be paid for in a variety of ways including through VA benefits. Contact us to learn more.
A Legacy of Serving Veterans
Empath Health has a legacy of serving veterans throughout our integrative network of care. We are a Five-Star Partner, the highest level possible, in the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization’s We Honor Veterans program, a partner in the Honor Flight Network, Veteran to Veteran volunteers offering camaraderie, facilitators in the Veterans History Project in the effort to collect veteran stories to be stored in the Library of Congress and regular informational and support options throughout our communities.
To learn more about the Auer Szabo Empath Adult Day Center call
(727) 328-6428 or fill out a contact form.