More than 80% of Medicare hospice patients in 2018 were Caucasian, according to the National Hospice and Palliative Organization (NHPCO), while African American, Asian, Hispanic and Hispanic patients made up less than 20% of the remaining beneficiaries that year. Karen Davis-Pritchett, vice president of access and inclusion at Empath Health, spoke to Hospice News about community engagement strategies that can help providers reach more of these underserved populations.
- Empath Tribute Program Honors First Responders – Morning Blend
- Suncoast PACE Aide Has ‘Passion to Help People’ Live Independently
- Air Force One Pilot shares 9/11 experience – ABC7 WWSB
- FOX13: Tidewell Hospice Col Tillman Speaking Event – Fox 13
- Family member describes benefits of Suncoast Hospice care – The Weekly Challenger