The New Year is here and full of many opportunities. We hope you dive in for new experiences.
If you’re looking to add volunteering to your list, please consider joining us at Empath Health. High school and college students, adults, retirees and groups are always welcome, AND needed.
Many Empath Health volunteers say they receive much more than they give. No matter what volunteer role you choose, you’ll help improve life for those we serve, meet new friends, learn, grow and have fun!
Volunteers started our mission of care at Suncoast Hospice more than 40 years ago and continue to be the heart and soul of Empath Health. Today, our volunteer needs are greater than ever to help us support even more people facing chronic and advanced illnesses or experiencing grief.
Something for Everyone
Whether you want to work with our patients, families, clients and seniors or provide other essential support, you will make an impact.
• Provide companionship, caregiver relief, phone calls, pet visits, transportation or other support for patients and families – especially needed are volunteers to work with patients in their homes
• Lead activities, run errands or other support for seniors
• Perform computer, office or maintenance work
• Provide customer service in resale shops, service centers and food and personal care pantries – especially needed are volunteers comfortable with bending and lifting items in the resale shops
• Honor veterans
• Support fundraising and outreach events
• Help with HIV testing
• So much more
You can choose the role that best fits your interests and needs.
• Positions for adults, college or high-school students (ages 14 to 18) and business, faith or community groups
• Locations throughout Pinellas County and at our Tampa HIV day center
• One-time, daytime, evening, weekend and home-based service
• No experience or medical background necessary
• Free orientation and training
Sign Up Today
Visit EmpathHealth.org/Volunteer to find more information and on our volunteer opportunities and register for volunteer orientation. After you request information, we’ll contact you and help you get started.
Drop by our open house to learn more about the many ways you can volunteer and make a difference.
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Empath Health Service Center – 3050 1st Ave. S., St. Petersburg
For more information, call (727) 523-3440 or email KendraPolachy@EmpathHealth.org.